Lto delivery of the Oscars Awards 2021 to the best of cinema in the last year came to an end, leaving us Anthony Hopkins, Frances McDormand and ‘Nomadland’ like the victors of the night; within a somewhat atypical ceremony due to restrictions due to Covid-19.
The event took place in the Union Station, with a limited number of people, and with all the necessary health protocols, This was indicated from the beginning Regina King, who was in charge of opening the ceremony and presenting the first winners of the evening.
Without a presenter who was in charge of giving rise to each category, the awards were gradually unveiled with the intervention of invited and nominated actors and actresses. The organization was far from resembling what was seen in other editions, and to show it is that at an early hour The Best Director award was presented, which went to Chloe Zhao, for ‘Nomadland’.
Minutes later the winners of category a were revealed Better Sound, and the statuette remained in the hands of the Mexicans Carlos Cortés, Jaime Baksht and Michelle Couttolenc for his work in ‘Sound of Metal’, in the end, winner of two awards.
Another of the productions that stole reflectors was ‘Soul’, a film that premiered on Disney +, and that tonight he won two awards.
The emotional moment of the night came with the tribute to all those industry luminaries who unfortunately died in recent months; highlighting without a doubt the presence of Sean Connery, Conchata Ferrell, DMX, and Chadwick Boseman. It is worth mentioning that said presentation was made by Angela Bassett, who shared credits with Boseman on ‘Black Panther’.
Another of the moments of the night, he starred in it Glenn Close, who despite not winning in the category of Best Supporting Actress, He showed off with some dance steps, breaking a bit with the protocol of the ceremony and making everyone present laugh out loud.
Finally, the expected moment of the night arrived, where the awards were announced to Best Film, Best Actress and Best Actor.‘Nomadland’ y Frances McDormand increased the number of statuettes for the film directed by Zhao, and Anthony Hopkins surprised critics, who presented him with his second career statuette for his work on ‘The Father’. His first award was won for his work in ‘The silence of the inocents’
Full list of winners
- Best Movie: “Nomadland.”
- Direction: Chloé Zhao, “Nomadland”.
- Actor: Anthony Hopkins, “The Father”.
- Actriz: Frances McDormand, “Nomadland”.
- Actor de reparto: Daniel Kaluuya, “Judas and the Black Messiah”.
- Supporting Actress: Yuh-Jung Youn, “Minari.”
- Cinematography: “Mank”, Erik Messerschmidt.
- Guion adaptado: Christopher Hampton y Florian Zeller, “The Father”.
- Guion original: Emerald Fennell, “Promising Young Woman”.
- Música original: “Soul”, Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross y Jon Batiste.
- Original song: “Fight For You” by “Judas and the Black Messiah”, music by HER and Dernst Emile II, lyrics by HER and Tiara Thomas.
- Costume Design: “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”.
- Visual Effects: “Tenet”.
- Cortometraje: “Two Distant Strangers”.
- Corto animado: “If Anything Happens I Love You”.
- Documentary short film: “Colette”.
- Largometraje documental: “My Octopus Teacher”.
- International feature film: “Another Round”, Denmark.
- Edition: “Sound of Metal”.
- Animated love: “Soul”.
- Production design: “Mank”.
- Makeup and hairstyle: “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”.
- Sonido: “Sound of Metal”.
COVID-19 VACCINE NEWS IN MEXICO:
How to register online to get vaccinated against coronavirus?
When and where do I get vaccinated against coronavirus?
Steps and requirements to be vaccinated against coronavirus
What happens if the second dose of the vaccine is early or late?
Who can and who cannot be vaccinated against the coronavirus in Mexico?
What documents should I bring to have the vaccine administered?
Official vaccination schedule against Covid-19 in Mexico by state
We wish to give thanks to the writer of this short article for this incredible material
Anthony Hopkins, Frances McDormand and ‘Nomadland’, the winners at the Oscars 2021